Wednesday 25 April 2018

Inspiration and Further Experiments

After going through a fair amount of material looking for inspiration for collages, I stumbled across a poster design by Ian Anderson in an art magazine that used a style I thought I could replicate. The design is called Up Down Under and uses block shape to communicate a relationship. Although this is digital version intrigued me, and I thought collaging something similar could be interesting.



The style of blocks became a consistent theme in the experiments - I wondered if it would be a way of making collages for an authority in a professional way? Of course they are all still incredibly against all common sense, which was something that became apparent for research for the essay - the designs do not communicate things easily and are open for some interpretation. NOT what a government wants, therefore still leading me to the conclusion that collages are in fact defined by their 'cut-and-stick subversion'.


No comments:

Post a Comment